The Area & Activities
Activities and Facilities at the Lodge
- Game Drives (approximately 3 hours, depending on sightings and weather)
- Boma Dinners (by prior arrangement and weather permitting)
- Self-Guided Camp Walk (1.2km walk within the lodge’s fenced area)
- Fishing (Rod and Tackle Hire fee applies)
- Big 5 Walking Safari (T’s & C’s apply)
- Volleyball and Croquet
- Kiddies Jungle Gym
- Assorted Board Games
- Curio Shop
by prior / own arrangement
- Zulu Dancing (more info on request)
- Battlefield Tours (more info on request)
- Leisurely drives towards the majestic Drakensberg with superb sightseeing, curio shopping as well as the world famous Drakensberg Boys Choir, a Raptor Centre, Cathedral Peak Wine Estate, Drakensberg Craft Beer Brewery, Golf, Helicopter Tours, Hot Air Ballooning and so much more…
on Nambiti Private Game Reserve
Head off on an open game-viewing vehicle before sunrise or in the afternoon with your field guide who will ensure that you get the most out of the experience and enjoy the abundance of wildlife and unspoiled African vistas. There’ll be a chance to quench your thirst and stretch your legs during the drinks break while enjoying the sounds and silences of the bush. The memory of sipping a steaming cup of Amarula coffee or enjoying a G & T with the sunset in such humbling surroundings is one that will be remembered forever.
at Springbok Lodge
On fine summer nights and balmy winter nights guests are treated to an outdoor dinner around a crackling fire in our boma, an experience which is sure to be one of many highlights of your stay.
Boma dinners are served buffet style with either a Potjiekos selection or a traditional South African braai.
Bacon and eggs take on a taste of their own when savoured in the African veld.
The bush breakfasts are exciting for our guests as well as our staff who literally pack up everything and set up ‘kitchen’ in a scenic spot. Often our plans are ‘put to bed’ though, when the Ellies invite themselves to breakfast!
Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast are provided by the lodge daily – these three meals per day are included in the overnight rate.
The menu’s vary each day. Ingredients of the highest standard are sourced from local producers in order to support local businesses – big or small – as much as possible.
Our kitchen offers specially prepared child friendly meals for little guests or a ½ meal adult portion for young guests. More information is available on request.
Battlefields & Related Attractions In The Area
- Siege Museum (02.11.1899) Siege of Ladysmith – Ladysmith
- Talana Museum (Battle of Talana in 1899) – Dundee
- Clouston Memorial Garden (15.12.1899 Battle of Colenso) – Colenso
- Ladysmith Relieved (26.02.1900) – Ladysmith
- Battle of Spionkop (23-24.01.1900) – Ladysmith / Winterton Area
- Battle of Vaalkrans (05.02.1900) – Ladysmith Area
- Battle of Wagonhill (06.01.1900) – Ladysmith Area
- Battle of Tugela Heights (21-26.02.1900) – Colenso Area
Nearby Golf Courses
by your own arrangement
- Ladysmith Country Club (30 minutes) – 13 holes
- Estcourt (90 minutes) – 18 holes
- Harrismith Country Club (90 minutes)- 18 holes
- Newcastle (Vulintaba Country Hotel) (60 minutes) – 18 holes
- Champagne Sports Resort (90 minutes) – 18 holes
by your own arrangement
- Soofie Mosque (Ladysmith)
- World’s Smallest Church (Van Reenen’s Pass)
- Maria Ratschitz Mission (Boschkloof Farm, Biggersberg)
The Reserve’s well stocked fresh water dams offer keen fisherman the chance to indulge in this tranquil pastime. Head out with your ranger and test your skills at some Bass, Tilapia, Grass Carp and Barbel fishing. (All fishing is on a ‘catch-and-release’ basis).
Fishing tackle is available through the lodge or you are welcome to bring your own along. Recommended months for fishing are September through to February.
The Nambiti Private Game Reserve is situated 25 km's east of Ladysmith and is only 4½ hours from Johannesburg, 3½ hours from Durban and 90 minutes from the Drakensberg.